1. Comparison shop for your communications stuff. You can often get a better deal if you bundle your cable, phone and internet service into one package.
2. Reduce your Cable TV service, especially during the summer months! Let’s face it, we don’t really need 600 channels, 5 premium movie channels, 22 music only channels and 12 pay-per-view stations do we?
3. Are you renting a modem from your cable internet provider? Some internet companies charge people $3 a month or so for the modem that you could buy for about $40. Same goes for the DVR – if you’re renting one through your cable television company, chances are you can buy one from the store and use it with your cable service.
4. Hang your clothes to dry instead of using your dryer all the time. For every hour you run the dryer it costs around 50 cents on your utility bill.
5. Turn the heat dry cycle off on the dishwasher and let them air dry. Run the dishwasher only when full.
6. Skip the drinks if you go out to eat. Soft drinks can cost around $2 when you order them at a restaurant, while alcoholic beverages are often $5 or more. Get water instead and apply those savings to one of your debts.
7. Buy things that come in “sets” or “cases” and that can be broken up into individual gifts.
8. Carpool. Whenever possible, ride with someone else to save on gas costs.
*For more information visit: Destroy Debt