…that is the question!
The long awaited movie Dark Knight, came out Friday, July 18, 2008, with a bang.
At the AMC movie theater on 42nd and 8th avenue, tickets for all Dark Knight shows were SOLD OUT. The only shows that were available were the 1 and 1:30AM shows.
So after thinking that I’m good because I bought my tickets 2 weeks in advance, and my show wasn’t until 8:30pm and it was only 5pm, I thought I could go BS for a while and then walk right in with my ticket, 30-45 minutes before the show, like nothing. Apparently NOT! There was a line going around the movie theater, and around 8th avenue, and a little further down going towards 43rd street.
I definitively feel for those people that wait hours and days for a product launch.
The way we were waiting on this line felt like they were giving away free iPhones or Dark Knight shirts or something*
Anyways, lets get to the movie without spoiling it:
- First of all, the movie was long, bad enough the line was long, now the movie is long, 2 1/2 hours, but felt like 3 1/2 hours long.
- It is a little slow at first, and you’ll either have to watch it twice or just pay attention.
- I’m kinda glad, Katie Holmes is not playing “Rachel”; Maggie Gyllenhaal does a better job, she has that “dark side” that makes it more interesting that Katie.
- Christian Bale rocked!
- I was impressed by the Harvey Dent, his character was really something.
- Heath Ledger, oh man, he’s good, or his character was, I don’t know, but all I know is that, he really did a damn good job at playing The Joker.
- There was a lot of excitement from the crowd every time The Joker was on the screen.
- At the end when the credits come up, there was more excitement when Heath Ledger’s name comes on.
- The movie overall was great, Heath Ledger’s performance definitively Oscar worthy. I’m hoping and I’m sure he’ll get it.
- Last but not least, do you think this movie will beat the top weekend grossing film: Spiderman 3, making $152 million? Take the survey!
Two things I would recommend:
- Watch an early show, if you a person that falls asleep easily.
- Sit near the front, that way you can pay close attention and actually listen to the story.
*(no free iPhones or Dark Knight’s shirts were given out during this movie premiere)