What is Cinco de Mayo?!
In short Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for “Fifth of May”) is a national holiday in Mexico commemorating the Mexican Army’s defeat of French forces on May 5, 1862, in the Battle of Puebla. (Cinco de Mayo)
Do you have to be Mexican to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo?
I would say not really. Lots of people celebrate Cinco de Mayo to take advantage of the Mexican food specials at bars/restaurants/lounges as well as the drink specials. Bar hopping is well known during this day, especially afterwork events.
Here are a few ways to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year:
- Make Tacos for Dinner tonight
- Have Chips with Guacamole
- Make your own Guacamole dip (if you don’t know how to make it google “guacamole recipes”)
- Buy some Coronas add a lime and drink up
- Hit up a few bars after work