We all do it “steal other people’s blog ideas and/or blog info,” some of us call it research, plagiarism, borrowing, etc… There’s a saying that says “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”- Charles Caleb Colton, I kind of agree with this saying, here are my reasons why:
We can learn a lot from each other, information is useless if we don’t use it, therefore we must share it. Ways to share/borrow or steal other people’s ideas/thoughts is to:
a) Make it your own. Don’t copy word for word, paraphrasing and citations works (give the person credit).
b) Relax, don’t be offended, you are not the only one whose ideas are being copied, many ideas aren’t as unique as we think they are, many people share the same idea, it’s up to you to make it your OWN, OWN your idea, add that “special thing” that makes it YOURS!
It gets serious when people steal your whole content, word for word and not give you credit for it. The post Copycat bloggers don’t last long, and other truths to keep you sane by BlogCoach talks about this seriousness of Copycat Bloggers in greater detail. It is your work, so take action…Below are some things you can do to take action.
3) If step# 2 doesn’t work, then you take further action and hire a lawyer. Hopefully it won’t have to go that far.
So, how do you deal with your copycats?!
- Blogging Tip# 5 A lil of everything
- Blogging Tip# 4 Domain Names
- Blogging Tip# 3 Blog Reader and Writer, Happily Ever After
- Blogging Tip# 2 Choosing a blog hosting site
- Blogging Tip# 1 So you want to start blogging?!