Leah Marshall writes for InStyle Swimwear where you can find Vix Swimwear and other popular brands.
When it comes to dressing for winter this year, you no longer need to worry about staying warm and staying fashionable. This year’s trends include several versatile items like the cape that will not only keep the snow off your back but will also keep you looking glamorous. Every woman should invest in a few of these timeless pieces that will keep your closet fashion forward and will help you dress for all seasons once winter is over.
- Aviator Jacket. This popular item has made over the traditional leather jacket into a chic military-style statement. The jacket not only feels retro, but also modern and comes in a variety of colors from gray to khaki to classic black. Consider pairing this winter essential with a dress and a pair of boots.
- Knits. This go-to item for any cold winter day is more popular than ever this year as many designers have taken a new turn on an old idea. Knits are now available in a wide array of colors, shapes, and fabrics to suit your personal needs. Try a cropped look with jeans, or match a chunky heavy knit sweater with a skirt to implicate this must-have into your winter wardrobe.
- Cape. A resurgence of the cape has been seen this year as many designers have sent it down the runway. A very versatile item, the cape can be paired with boots and jeans to a fancy cocktail dress. Wool, tweed, and fur are the luxurious fabrics these capes are being made of and would make a great addition to any outfit.
- Flared pants. Skinny is out and flared is in as jeans and trousers take a wider approach this winter. This style of pant is not only comfortable, but also very versatile and can be worn at work, or just to go shopping at the mall.
- Elbow length gloves. To keep your hands warm this winter, consider donning a pair of long gloves. This style pays homage to the 1940’s, which is a popular trend this season. Add glamour to any outfit with some brightly colored, or embellished elbow length gloves.
- Camel coat. This color of coat looks good on anyone and will be a great buy for the future. It will not only keep you warm during those long winter nights, but will also stay in style. The color is great for mixing and matching with seasonal colors and can be accentuated with a belt.
- Socks. This winter, socks of a wide variety are available to spruce up any outfit. Over the knee socks and ankle socks look great paired with a skirt, or dress. Choose a color, or texture that matches your outfit to create a memorable look.
- Leopard. This popular print looks great paired with any of the other must-haves for this winter. Whether your wearing flared pants, or a camel coat, leopard is the go-to print for this winter. If you want to go for a more subtle approach, try a simple handbag, or scarf in this print.
- Shift dress. This style of dress will last you for years to come, as the shift dress has made a comeback this winter. With simplistic cuts and plain, bold colors, the shift dress compliments most figures and is very comfortable. It is not only affordable, but can be accessorized with jewelry to make a great statement.
- Furry Boots. Idealistic for those living in the snow, the furry boot is a must-have item for this winter. These shoes are comfortable and fashionable, keeping your feet warm. If the furry boot is a bit much for your taste, consider opting for furry slippers to wear in the comfort of your home.