Many puns intended. :-)
For my 30th birthday, I wanted to try something fun and that I’ve never done before. Last year, I paid Las Vegas a visit for the first time and I’m glad I did, I had a blast. If you know me, you’ll know that there are two things that I really like when it comes to nature, and that is Mountains and Beach, combine or not I like them both. So Las Vegas paid off greatly when I got to experience a blizzard while on our way to the top of the Gran Canyon, that was amazing. So this year, we decided to spend some more time with Mountains and Snow, this time it was in Vermont and skiing we went.
1) You learn to appreciate the snow. Clean and fluffy, makes you think it’s Christmas every day.
2) You learn to appreciate the cold days in your hometown, unless you from Alaska, the north pole, or a place much more colder than Vermont. Cold days are literally cold. I’ll never complain about NYC being cold.
3) Staying at the Stowe Mountain Lodge. Yes this place is fancy and pricey but the service is excellent, you are right by the slopes, the view is phenomenal and the rooms are beyond comfy and there’s many amenities to keep you feeling like a million bucks.
4) Jumping in the heated pool even though is 17 degrees outside. Lol. I didn’t get to do this one because I had a cold, didn’t want to make it worse, but I would definitively do it.
5) Skiing and/or Snowboarding lessons. What better way to learn to ski than out here. Did you know Stowe Mountain aka Mt. Mansfield has the highest elevation in the northeast, which is obviously the perfect place to learn to skii. Lol.
6) Jamie’s on Main’s Famous Chicken salad sandwich. A must try by everyone that visits Stowe town. While you’re there try their Black Bean Soup.
7) Dogsledding with the Peace Pups. The most amazing ride, these dogs are so smart, I can’t even begin to tell you. This tour is a must do! Will update with video soon.
8) Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour. We all love Ben & Jerry’s Ice cream, well get the tour and learn how it is made. Very informational and you get a free sample. Also if you check in on Foursquare you might get a free tour visit (while it lasts).
9) Spend a day in Burlington and get to know the city of Vermont, have lunch or dinner at Miguels on Main, try their pulled pork sandwich or fish tacos. Really good!
10) and last but not least, pay a quick visit to the Waterfront while gazing out at Lake Champlain and the mountains in its background.