“Me, I want what’s coming to me. (Oh, well what’s coming to you?) The world, chico, and everything in it.” – Scarface
This fall you’ll be saying “Hello to my little friend!” when Scarface’s Limited Edition Blu-Ray DVD comes out on September 6, 2011. While we wait for this very exciting Blu-Ray DVD to come out, let me share some other exciting Scarface news below, including a chance to enter a Scarface Fan Art Contest and of course a sneak peak at the trailer to this digitally remastered classic.
Considered one of the most influential gangster films ever made, Scarface’s gritty depiction of Tony Montana’s lethal ambition has made it a cultural touchstone that spans generations. Now, fans can experience the film’s raw power in the newly restored, high-resolution, high-definition picture and explosive 7.1 audio for the first time ever.
Exclusive new bonus content created especially for this release reveals the film’s iconic legacy as of one of the greatest crime sagas of all time. (Universal Pictures)
For a limited time only, Scarface Special Limited Edition Blu-rayTM comes with:
- Collectible SteelBookTM packaging
- Ten exclusive art cards
- A digital copy of the film and
- A DVD of the original 1932 Scarface, making it a must-own addition to every film fan’s library.
And, for the ultimate collector and cigar enthusiast:
- An elegantly hand-crafted Scarface-themed humidor will be made available in an exclusive, never-before-available, limited edition.
To celebrate the film’s Blu-rayTM debut, fans will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to design Scarface-inspired artwork using classic Tony Montana images from the film.
– Universal will select the Top 25 submissions based on creativity, originality, quality of composition/design and utilization of the Scarface theme.
– Fans will vote on their favorite 10 submissions which will then be featured as exclusive art cards in the Scarface Limited Edition Blu-rayTM.
– The designer with highest number of votes will be the Grand Prize winner, and will have their art featured on both the art card and on a high-profile billboard in a major US city to promote the release.
**For more information on how to enter the fan art contest visit www.facebook.com/scarfacethemovie