A few weeks ago I attended a McDonald’s First Taste Event in NYC, where I got to taste an awesome addition to their Premium Salads menu, the Asian Salad.
McDonald’s Asian Salad is a mouth-‐watering blend of vegetables including premium greens, tender edamame and snow peas, red bell peppers, and sweet mandarin oranges, as well as sliced, toasted almonds. Served with a packet of Newman’s Own® Low-‐fat Sesame Ginger Dressing, it’s available with a warm orange-‐glazed grilled or crispy white meat chicken breast filet.
If all that doesn’t sound deliciously healthy, just look at the picture, and go try it for yourself. The McDonald’s Asian Salad is a healthy 240 calories (without the chicken) or 360 calories (with grilled, white meat chicken). It contains about three cups of veggies, and it contains Calcium, iron, dietary fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C. You can catch the new McDonald’s Asian Salad at McDonald’s now. But hurry this salad as good as it is, is only there for a LIMITED TIME.
The fun did not end there, I also got to try McDonald’s newest addition to their McCafe drinks, the Mango Pineapple Real Fruit Smoothie.
The Mango Pineapple Real Fruit Smoothie features a real-fruit combination of sweet mangos and citrusy pineapples blended with low-fat yogurt, ice and a little bit of fruit juice concentrate.
This smoothie is to die for. Sweet taste of mango and pineapple melts in your mouth and refreshes your taste buds. This delicious smoothie is not available yet, but will soon be available just in time for the heat this Summer. The Mango Pineapple Real Fruit Smoothie will be available in July 2011.
This Summer while you’re getting your body fit and looking for something deliciously healthy to eat, then you should head out and try this amazing salad.
As a matter of fact to help you with your fitness, healthy eating and wellness goals, McDonald’s and I are giving away ONE (1) lucky reader, (with the most entries), a gift bag which includes the following:
- A large zip tote bag (which can be use as a gym bag)
- 2 Soy Candles (Pineapple, Mango)
- A scented McDonald’s sleeping mask
- A small journal
- A McDonald’s Pen
- 2 Compact mirrors
- and last but not least coupons to try the new McDonald’s Asian Salad.
- Three (3) other winners will each win a coupon to try the new Asian Salad as well.
So how do you enter this contest/giveaway:
- Leave a comment sharing a favorite fitness tip.
- Like KMP Blog on Facebook and leave a comment saying you like the page (if you already like KMP Blog on FB, leave a comment on the wall saying so)
- Like McDonald’s on FB and leave a comment on the wall saying: “I am entering the “Healthy Eating for a Healthy Body Giveaway on KMPBlog.com”
- Follow KMPBlog and McDonalds on Twitter.
- Tweet the following: “Thanks to @ArieRich and @McDonalds I am eating healthy and staying fit with their new Asian Salad. Enter the giveaway https://www.stumbleupon.com/ “
Tweet as many times for additional entries. The person with the most entries wins the Grand Prize. Three (3) other winners will each win a coupon for a FREE Asian Salad.
*Winners will be selected at random using Random.org. Giveaway/contest is open to US Residents only. Contest ends Thursday, May 26, 2011.
Congratulations to Pauline for winning the Grand Prize.
Tiffany, Hanza and Lauren are the 3 other winners.
Thank you all for entering the giveaway, you will be emailed shortly.