A friend of mine told about this amazing deal to Iceland that I am really going to take advantage of this winter. When I think of Iceland, I think of a land full of ice and very cold weather. Since my birthday is already on a very cold month, I might as well do some cold weather activities while I’m at it. Earlier this year I celebrated my birthday by learning how to skii in Stowe, Vermont, and I must say it was wonderful!! The year before that, I went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon and although I didn’t expect cold weather out in Las Vegas, not only did it rain for days, where I wished I had rain boots, but it snowed a.k.a blizzarded on our way up to the Grand Canyon. That’s when I knew that maybe, just maybe I should be doing cold, wintery activities for my birthday.
For 2012, I think I’ll be going to Iceland, the deal is pretty sweet, a 3 nights stay with flight, hotel and tours included. The trip is for 4 nights, but the first night you sleep on the plane on your way to Iceland. The main reason I’ll be going to Iceland is to enjoy the beautiful sights of the Aurora Borealis also known as The Nothern Lights. This amazing light show is definitively something on my bucket list, and I will be proud of scratching off once I’ve accomplished it.
IcelandAir has an amazing deal for $767/pp which is pretty much all inclusive! Below is a brief overview of what’s included:
Golden Circle & Nothern Lights includes:
- Round-trip airfare on Icelandair from Boston, New York (JFK), Seattle and Washington DC (IAD). DC flights available through Dec 15, 2011.
- Three nights at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura (****)
- Guaranteed check in from 10am
- FREE Admission to the spectacular high definition “Amazing Iceland” movie experience. Features unique scenes of nature, flora and animal life from all over Iceland with powerful nature sounds and music. Created by Icelandic production company who has made documentaries for National Geographic, BBC and Animal Planet
- Special Guided tour of the Golden Circle region (Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir Spouting Hot Springs; 1-2 hours walking involved in the tour)
- Admission and use of towel at Laugarvatn Fontana Steambaths
- Dinner at the charming Lindin Restaurant near Fontana (famous for using locally grown, organic Icelandic ingredients and for its chocolate mousse dessert)- it’s a best kept local secret
- Evening tour to view Northern Lights (sightings not guaranteed)
- FREE daily access to the hotel’s Soley Spa (includes admission to seawater swimming pool, steamrooms, sauna, hot tubs)
- Fuel surcharges and taxes
If you are interested in more information about this winter wonderland vacation, check out IcelandAir for more information.