Congrats to the NY Giants on winning the Super Bowl!!!
Now it is time to celebrate. The NY Giants Ticker tape Parade will be happening, today, Tuesday, February 7, 2012 from 11am – 2pm.
Parades are fun and all but it is a major inconvenience when they are held in the middle of a work week and during the day. For NYers like myself, having to deal with parades being so close to work is no fun.
If you are planning to attend the NY Giants tickertape parade here’s some traffic info you should know:
Giants Parade Street Closings:
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed to vehicular traffic on Tuesday from 10 am to 2 pm for the NY Giants ticker tape parade:
- State Street between Whitehall and Broadway
- Battery Place between 3rd Place and Broadway
- Broadway between State Street and Worth Street/Chambers Street
- Reade Street between Broadway and Centre Street
- Worth Street between Broadway and Centre Street
- Centre Street and Lafayette Street between Worth Street and Chambers Street
- Warren Street, Murray Street, Park Place and Barclay Street between Broadway and Church Street
Via NYCDOT | Visit NYC DOT for more information
New York City Subway
NYC Transit will provide regular weekday service throughout the city, although for crowd safety, five stations noted below will be closed, and the NYPD may close some additional subway entrances near the parade.
Beginning at 10 a.m., to prevent overcrowding conditions, trains will NOT stop at these five stations:
- Wall St 4 or 5
- City Hall R
- Chambers St A or C
- World Trade Center E
- Fulton St 4, 5, A or C
These five stations are the best way to get to the parade route:
- 1 to South Ferry
- 2 or 3 to Wall St or Fulton St
- 4, 5 or 6 to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall
- J to Chambers St
- R to Rector St
Via MTA.Info | Visit MTA.info for more information