I am super excited about this major announcement by Nike. This Summer Nike is bringing us (workout fiends, fitness lovers, and anything in between), an amazing new technology Nike+ Basketball and Nike+ Training.
Nike+ Basketball and Nike+ Training, two new experiences connecting digitally enabled footwear with interactive mobile applications that together deliver a revolutionary sport experience. (Nike.com)
Since, I’m not much of a basketball player, I am more excited about the Nike+ Training experience. Here’s some information about this new technology:
- Nike+ Training transforms a daily workout from a necessity to something fun. The experience fuses the appeal of gaming with high-intensity fitness to create the perfect training companion to a 24/7/365 lifestyle.
- The technology in both experiences utilizes a new Nike+ Pressure Sensor built into each shoe that collects information about the user’s movement and then wirelessly transmits data to their phone. It is then translated into different metrics delivering previously unknown information about either their workout or their game.
- Nike+ Training is designed to turn working out into a game. Featuring insights from some of the world’s top athletes including Rafa Nadal, Manny Pacquiao, Allyson Felix and Hope Solo, the Nike+ Training experience makes elite level training available to everyone.
- Similar to Nike Training Club for women, The Nike+ Training program consist of a series of short, sharp workouts, designed to help users get fitter, faster and stronger. Each workout is demonstrated on-screen to provide detailed guidance and motivation. During each drill or challenge data and feedback on the workout is delivered to the user’s phone via the Nike+ Training mobile app. Daily programs can be created based on how hard the user wants to train, and the app provides a digital community to share each day’s workouts and challenges with.
- Workout statistics can be shared and compared with friends via social networks allowing users to challenge each other and compete to top the Leaderboard.
- The first NIKE+ enabled Training shoes will be the Lunar Hyperworkout+ for Women and the Lunar TR 1+ for men. (Nike.com)
All styles of the NIKE+ enabled footwear will be available and at retail June 29, 2012 in the US, UK, France, Germany and Mainland China.
Please note: I was in no way, shape or form, paid or asked by Nike to write this post. I am just a huge NTC (Nike Training Club) user and I am loving Nike new technology thus far.