I am a huge fan of self help books! If you ever get to see my bookshelves and Kindle library you will notice that 80-90% of my books might fall in the category of Self-Help books. The other 10-20% are mostly a mixture of fiction and non-fiction books.
When creating this post, I found it hard to select my top 5 self-help books, as I find all the books I have to be really great and worth reading. But here we go, my top 5 self-help books of all time:
1) The Automatic Millionaire – I am a huge fan of David Bach’s books, and the Automatic Millionaire has been one of those books that should be on everyone’s bookshelves. I have even bought a few to give as gift to family and friends, I just love it that much. This book teaches you so much about financial freedom and how to save your money.
2) The Greatest Salesman in the World – I picked up this book a long time ago by accident. I don’t know how I find out about it, I just happened to be browsing through books at the bookstore and I just started reading it, and it stuck with me. This is another book that I have read multiple times, because of the powerful quotes and messages throughout the book. Such a great book to have and read, as a matter of fact, I think I’ll read it again soon. Another great book by OG Mandino, is The Greatest Success in the World, amazing read.
3) The Secret – Learning about The Law of Attraction a while back, made me realized that we need to change the way we think and see the world. What we think we create and attract. The Secret is a great book to open your eyes and mind, and give you a better understanding of the world around us and the energy inside us.
4) Dollars and Uncommon Sense: Basic Training for your Money – Not as popular as other financial planning books, but Steve Repak’s Dollars and Uncommon Sense is a must read. This book can be read in one sitting and like The Automatic Millionaire, you will put it into action right away. Loaded with tons of useful information as to how to pay off your credit cards and which ones to pay off first, as well as other helpful financial information. This is a book that you should add to your bookshelf.
5) Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus – When it comes to relationships, there’s one self-help book that should be on everyone’s bookshelf or Kindle library. John Gray’s Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, is a book that knows about relationships. I’ve had this book for a very long time, and the information on this book is always on point.
Other great books that I’ve read and that would’ve made the list include:
Thanks to TIME magazine article: 30 Self-Help Books That Permanently Changed My Life, I now have some self-help books to add to my to-read list:
- Awaken The Giant Within,
- You Can Heal Your Life,
- The Road Less Traveled,
- Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway,
- Handbook to Higher Consciousness
How about you? Which Self-Help books do you love the most and highly recommend?
Image Source: www.andertoons.com