My 1st Minx Experience!
Yesterday, I got Minxed! How did this happen?!
I am not a manicure person, my manicures never last, I usually get a smudge, a chip, or something within the first 5 hours or less after a manicure. Lifebooker had a sale going on for Minx Manicures at Vada Spa on the West Village, NYC. So I checked it out. For those of you that don’t know what Minx is, here’s a little background…
By definition taken from the Minx website, Minx is a sexy, confident, naughty but fun individual who lives every day like it is a big, ripe juicy apple ready to be bitten. We’ve channeled this cool factor into Minx, a new and glamorous way that lets women (and men!) extend fashion to their very fingertips. (Minxnails.com)
So what’s so special about Minx?
Here are some Pros:
Here are some Pros:
- Minx is less messy, no smudges, chips, cracks, etc…
- No wait for dry time
- Lasts longer than a regular manicure
- Many cool designs to match your outfit and strut on the red carpet or the streets of your hometown
- It looks cool (somewhat)
Everything has a con
Here are my cons about Minx:
- Feels thicker, therefore if I have an itch and need to scratch it won’t be as gratifying as scratching with my bare, manicure nails.
- The sticker rarely covers the entire nail, making it look cheap from up close, from far the Minx looks great.
- It’s expensive! $50 and up for JUST the manicure. There are Minx for Pedicures too. I personally do not think it’s worth the $50 bucks, unless you going on the red carpet or away on vacation or something. NOT for everyday wear to just go to work, and wash dishes at home.
- Looks better on long nails and/or fake nails. If you have short nails, it doesn’t get the same effect. I saw some long nail ones that looked really nice.
- They should sell it over the counter, it looks simple enough to do it yourself.
- And last but not least, if you going to get MINXED make sure you go to a great salon with a good Minx reputation. I wasn’t completely in love with my Minx experience at Vada Spa.
Here’s the design I selected:
To view more designs click here
Have you gotten Minxed before or thinking about it?! Share your experience in the comments section.